Check out some of the incredible scenery that you might encounter on your hike in Grassland National Park, which has both front and back country hiking and backpacking.
Here a few suggestion for trails in both east and west blocks of Grasslands. There are many more. For maps follow this link: https://www.pc.gc.ca/trails?region=CP&park=100209.
- #1. Zahursky’s Trail. MODERATE – 11 km (high ground and valley views)
- #2. Broken Hills Trail. HARD – 11.2 km (mule deer and soaring hawks abound)
- #3. Tipi Ridge Trail. EASY 2km (teepee rings overlooking Frenchman River Valley)
- #4. Eagle Butte Trail. MODERATE 16 km (common and rare flowers in spring/summer)
- #5. 70 Mile Butte Trail MODERATE 4.1 km (takes you the highest point in the park)
- #6. Butte Creek Trail. MODERATE 16 km (navigate a creek crossing)
- #7. Valley of 1000 Devils Trail 12 km – Back country (hoodoos)
As the end of January is fast approaching and we have a lot of ground to cover, we will be on our way the Waterton National Park next.