A Globe Walk Lanyard would be a perfect small gift idea with a big effect for those on your list who are 50+ years!
For the low cost of $20, the lanyard will give a Globe Walk team member access to the indoor track at the Field House twice a week from January through April.
If they are not a team member, it is easy (and free) to become part of the SCOA team.
To pick up a lanyard, visit the SCOA office in the Saskatoon Field House or for more information, call our office at 306 652-2255.
The 2018 CARG (Coronary Artery Rehabilitation Group) Team is growing in leaps and bounds. They have members at both the Field House and the Shaw Center. We look forward to them having their biggest and best Globe Walk team ever.
For any CARG member who would like to take part in the Globe Walk here is the link: http://carg.ca/bulletins/globe-walk-2018/cargonauts/
To find out more about CARG visit their home page at: http://carg.ca/
We have a new goal for 2018! Our miles will earn medals! We are going to be following in the footsteps of our Canadian Olympic and Paralympic Athletes. January will be our “training” month, February will be “competition” month, and March & April will give us an opportunity to up the medal count with our efforts. The more miles we earn, the more medals we win!
All of us can be medalists. Here is how it works. You will earn:
- A Bronze Medal: If you make up to 99 miles by the end of April
- A Silver Medal: If you make between 100 – 199 miles by the end of April
- A Gold Medal: If you make 200 miles by the end of April
You can earn more than one medal depending on the miles you earn – SO LET’S GO FOR IT!
Challenge yourself and your team members to be champions.
2018 “Going for Gold” Globe Walk!
Globe Walk is off to a GREAT start. Lanyards went on sale on Dec. 1st and we sold about 135 lanyards (almost 60%) in one day! The 1-2 pm spots were sold out. We still have spots at 2-3 pm for both Monday/Wednesday and Tuesday/Thursday.
So – if you plan to use the track at the Field House for the 2018 Globe Walk season – don’t wait too long to pick up your lanyard. They can be picked up at the SCOA office.
This year, the purchase of a lanyard comes with a Field House parking sticker for those that require one.
Don’t miss this great opportunity to warm up for the 2018 Globe Walk!
At the ENCHANTED FOREST (Saskatoon Forestry Farm – Forest Drive off Attridge Dr.) the SASKATCHEWAN BLUE CROSS PUSH TO PLAY LIGHTWALK
Friday, Nov 17th & Sun Jan 7th ONLY
5:30 – 9:00 PM
Walk the forest, then warm up by the bonfire & enjoy a hot chocolate in the Forestry Farm Hall
$5 Per Person, $20 Per Family
5 years or under Free (for this event only).
Cash is preferred at the gate to speed up the admission process, however Debit, Visa, and Mastercard will be accepted
• No vehicles or pets allowed
• Park vehicles nearby at the church or school parking lots
Saskatoon Forestry Farm Park
Forest Drive off Attridge Drive
Hi everyone! Globe Walk 2018 will be here before you know it. Here are some things you might want to know:
- Team Registration has started. You can register your team online at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/WY7LDSH or at the SCOA office in the Field House.
- Globe Walk Presentations are available for all teams. Whether your team is new or veteran Globe Walkers, a presentation will motivate everyone to invest in their own health (in a fun way) by joining us in Globe Walk 2018.
- Pedometers are available at the SCOA office. The cost is $20.00. They are a good quality at a reasonable price.
- Captain’s Launch is scheduled for January 8th at 1:30 pm at the Field House (Rm 3). This is a information session for Captains only. Globe Walk will provide information packages and answer any questions you might have. Snacks provided. Put it on your calendar!
If you need any assistance please call the Globe Walk Coordinator at 306-652-0027.